This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) sets out how the kratzmann GROUP (TKG) may collect, use or disclose information about you when you interact with TKG, and your associated rights. By completing and submitting any forms from our website, you consent to the matters outlined in this Privacy Statement.
If you communicate with us (including by using our website, speaking to us on the telephone or sending us correspondence or information by post or email to us), you will be supplying TKG (of P.O. Box 619, Toowoomba, Qld 4350, Australia) with, and TKG will be collecting, your Personal Information which we will deal with in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (“the Privacy Act”).
Collection and disclosure of personal information
We may collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• assessing your application;
• assessing the credit and other exposure that TKG has to you (see below for more details regarding the use of your Personal Information for credit checking purposes);
• marketing of similar products and services;
• determining future product and business strategies and to develop TKG’s products and services;
• communicating with you in relation to TKG’s products and services including in relation to any Transaction;
• providing products and services to you.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to entities associated with TKG, TKG’s counterparties or third party product or service providers for the above purposes. It may also be disclosed to any financial institution nominated by you and may be disclosed to your financial adviser if you request so in writing.
You can, by contacting us, instruct us not to disclose your Personal Information to companies.
If you do not wish to be kept informed of TKG’s marketing or promotional activities electronically, please contact us via email. We do not sell Personal Information to other organisations.
While the information we ask you to supply is not required by law, we may not be able to assess your application if the information is not supplied.
TKG may provide your Personal Information to one or more third-party credit reporting agencies to conduct a credit check on you which will be used for the purposes of determining your credit worthiness. As a result of TKG’s enquiry to that/those credit reporting agencies’:
• That/those credit reporting agencies may provide TKG with information, including Personal Information, about you;
• TKG may provide your Personal Information to that/those credit reporting agencies, and that/those credit reporting agencies’ will hold your Personal Information on their systems and use it to provide their credit reporting service, which may include providing your Personal Information to other third parties that may use that/those credit reporting agencies services; and
• TKG may use one or more credit reporting agencies services in the future for purposes related to the provision of TKG’s services to you. This may include using that/those credit reporting agencies’ monitoring services to receive updates if any of the information held about you changes.
If you default on your Obligations to TKG, information about that default may be given to one or more credit reporting agencies, and that/those credit reporting agencies may give information about your default to other customers of that/those credit reporting agencies.
TKG will not provide any credit reporting agencies with information regarding the specific Transactions that you enter into.
When you visit our website, we (or our service providers in connection with the website) may use technology to collect information to assist us with administering the website and with enhancing the content and facilities on the website. An example of the technology that we use is “cookies”.
A “cookie” is a packet of information placed on a user’s computer by a website. The purposes for which cookies are used on this website may include:
• enabling access to online services;
• managing advertising – we may use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using; and
• monitoring web traffic – we may use tracking companies to gather information about how people are using the TKG website, this information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights to access and to correct the Personal Information we hold about you.
• You can contact us by phone, fax or email including requesting access to your information. In normal circumstances, we will give you full access to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reason to deny you access, in which case we will tell you of that reason. Further, we may impose a charge to give you full access where your request requires the compilation of information that has been archived or is significant in volume.
• If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your Personal Information, please contact us.